Data AutoCAD Technician (DAT)
The DAT is proficient in AutoCAD. Your role at DCM is to audit, catalogue, and scan drawings for three different types of projects (training provided):
1. DMS (Document Management Services)
2. Multi-layered Master Baseline drawings.
3. Conversion to AutoCAD.
DCM has developed user-friendly software to organize and manage thousands of drawings client-side. The DAT interprets and sorts these drawings by relevancy (audit), catalogues them in a database, and scans all paper drawings to digital format.
Master Baseline Drawings:
The DAT reviews all client drawings to determine the most current information. The DAT identifies which drawing will be the base drawing and what drawings will be merged into the base to create a current master drawing. This information is packaged with instructions and handed over to Production for processing. At this stage, the DAT is responsible for Quality Control (QC) to ensure that instructions are adhered to, that drawings meet all specifications, and adjustments are made as needed.
Converting paper and digital drawings to AutoCAD:
The DAT, in this role, receives drawings in various formats from clients and communicates with clients and DCM sales staff to determine timelines. Drawings are converted to AutoCAD and handed over to Production.At this stage, the DAT is responsible for Quality Control (QC) to ensure that instructions are adhered to, that drawings meet all specifications, and adjustments are made as needed.
The best candidate understands:
- building drawings.
- architectural and mechanical disciplines in multiple formats such as PDF, Scan, paper, and AutoCAD.
- the technology tools used in modern day business activities, including cloud-based applications.
The best candidate:
- has an attention to detail and focus.
- is proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- is punctual.
- is a multi-tasker, collaborating with sales to meet project deadlines.
- is self-motivated, organized, works independently, and is able to coordinate with others on deliverables.
- demonstrates a positive attitude.
- effectively communicates and works with others, at times in close working conditions, in shared spaces.
What we offer:
- Products and services with a proven ROI for our clients that has produced a solid reputation for DCM in the industry.
- An enjoyable casual work environment—you will be part of a team of exceptional people who are focussed, skilled, and know that our services are second to none.
- An established client base that is growing and consists of hospitals, school boards, utilities, cities, architecture, and engineering firms across North America.
- Growth opportunities for personal advancement.
- profit sharing.
- Competitive wages.
- 7:30 am start to 3:00pm finish (varies based on business needs).
- ½ hour lunch.
- Work location in Lindsay. Note: may require team travel and overnight accommodations to our clients site occasionally.